TapeView efficiently communicates tape mounted information to tape operations personnel reducing the time and cost associated with mounting tapes in a large computer facility.
By centralizing your tape mounted messages, TapeView allows your tape handlers to quickly obtain needed information at a glance, improving operator response time. In addition, TapeView effectively displays color-coded information via large-screen color monitors strategically placed around the data center.
TapeView also provides a powerful report generation facility allowing you to easily analyze your tape handling activities. By presenting relevant management information in numerical or graphical formats, TapeView allows you to view statistical reports in online format via a web browser, printed format, or in exported format for viewing and printing from another PC. With TapeView, a myriad of reports and graphs can be produced on an as- required or scheduled basis allowing you to better manage tape mount information.
TapeView optimizes your tape mounted information resulting in a more productive and proficient tape operation. Whatever your tape environment - cartridge, reel, auto loaders, optical, robotics, or a jukebox disk device, TapeView offers flexibility and versatility in adapting to a wide variety of operating environments.
How TapeView Benefits You:
- Improves tape operator efficiency
- Improves service of tape requests
- Reduces time and effort in locating tapes
- Reduces operator effort with multiple monitors
- Conveniently provides mount information to tape operators anywhere in the library
- Provides one location for information from multiple systems
- Frees up staff for other mission critical activities
- Reduces operator strain and tape mount errors
- Improves operator response to system failures
- Simplifies operator tasks by displaying only need-to-respond messages
- Optimizes operator response to the most critical messages first
- Improves use of system resources
- Enhanced management of system performance
Find out more about TapeView Download the PDF file